windows xp/ie8 https problems

zlos7ar
so i just configured eclipse with junit 4, jre 1.7, and selenium server standalone  2.21.0 on a windows xp virtual machine using windows 7 xp mode. And I also updated the browser to IE8. So the problem is when I run the test on the login page when i submit my user/password i get a popup saying "do you want to view the webpage content that was delivered securely ? bla bla bla   yes / no " and the next operation fails. How can I go around that ? Or is there a way to tell to the webdriver to always click "no" ?

Re: windows xp/ie8 https problems

I suppose you encounter same security exception when you access site manually in IE, do you?
You could try changing securty settings as mentioned in this post - http://www.theworldofoffice.com/other-tips-tricks/how-to-disable-security-warning-messages-internet-explorer/
It should disable security alert, at least it claims so.

Re: windows xp/ie8 https problems

zlos7ar
I guess it works but for some other kind of warnings :D I have to ask the developer to make everything https ;)

Re: windows xp/ie8 https problems

I would consider that a good way to go about it :)

Re: windows xp/ie8 https problems

zlos7ar
i found a fix for that :
for IE 8:
a)   Launch Internet Explorer.
b)   Going to Tools->Internet Options->Security
c)    Select the ‘Security’ tab
d)   Click the ‘Custom Level’ button
e)   In the ‘Miscellaneous’ section change “Display mixed content” to Enable
f)    Click on OK. Close internet options.

and for IE9 set "display mixed content" to active :)