is selenium the right tool to automate e-commerce sites ?

is selenium the right tool to automate e-commerce sites ?

Ashish Sangwan
is selenium the right tool to automate e-commerce sites ?
Plz suggest

Re: is selenium the right tool to automate e-commerce sites ?

Hi Ashwin,

You might know that Selenium is web automation tool and should be able to automate most of web. but there are use cases which may be difficult to automated using Selenium for example HTML5, java applet, Third part components etc. With out knowing your e-commerce site it is going to be very difficult to answer this question. Please add more information about the e-commerce site you are talking about

Re: is selenium the right tool to automate e-commerce sites ?

Ashish Sangwan
HI

Our site is e-commerce in pharmacy & developed in HTML5, jquerry , javascript, Flash , php, css3, MySQL.

Plz suggest as per technology mentioned above.

Thanks
Ashish

Re: is selenium the right tool to automate e-commerce sites ?

Most suggestions I have seen about flash is to use "Sikuli". I guess "Sikuli" has java api can be used along with WebDriver. I am not very sure of automating HTML5 though.
My suggestion would be to do a POC on project. Pick up a page or scenario of application which is automation candidate and try automating it using WebDriver. If you face any issues then you can always post your questions in official WebDriver forum here -
http://www.seleniumtests.com/p/selenium-2-forum.html
~ seleniumtests.com