Xpath Unidentified - $x["//input[@id='searchInput']"] : Tutorial 1

vinodkumar.np
I was following the video training tutorial 1 which explains about xpath and CSS.

During the course, i simultaneously  tried to write the "XPATH" and find the element.
But on writing the xpath as $x["//input[@id='searchInput']"] and pressing the enter, the element was unidentified. Can you please let me know if what i followed is  correct. If not, please correct me with a brief explanation. [I downloaded the video from "YouTube" but the xpath typed in the training was not visible.

Re: Xpath Unidentified - $x["//input[@id='searchInput']"] : Tutorial 1

Abhishek
If you are writing xpath in chrome, the syntax is $x("write your xpath here").
And download videos in high resolution to see better :)

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 10:29 AM, vinodkumar.np [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was following the video training tutorial 1 which explains about xpath and CSS.

During the course, i simultaneously  tried to write the "XPATH" and find the element.
But on writing the xpath as $x["//input[@id='searchInput']"] and pressing the enter, the element was unidentified. Can you please let me know if what i followed is  correct. If not, please correct me with a brief explanation. [I downloaded the video from "YouTube" but the xpath typed in the training was not visible.

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.x6.nabble.com/Xpath-Unidentified-x-input-id-searchInput-Tutorial-1-tp5002159.html
To start a new topic under Training Session Questions, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Training Session Questions, click here.
NAML

Re: Xpath Unidentified - $x["//input[@id='searchInput']"] : Tutorial 1

vinodkumar.np
Hi Abhi,