XPath to locate DropDown list

tarunohri
Hi,
I am unable to select the value from the drop-down list. I was trying to automate the registration page of g-mail using selenium IDE.

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?continue=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.google.com%2FManageAccount

Following is the XPath i have tried to select the drop-down but it just hovers the mouse on the selected drop-down value :

open           /SignUp?continue=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.google.com%2FManageAccount
clickAt         //div[@id='birthday-form-element']/descendant::div[position()=2]
clickAt         //div[@class='goog-menu goog-menu-vertical']/div[9]/div

I have also tried using the select command as follows which doesnt not work either :

open           /SignUp?continue=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.google.com%2FManageAccount
clickAt         //div[@id='birthday-form-element']/descendant::div[position()=2]
select          //div[@class='goog-menu goog-menu-vertical']/div[9]/div                       label=September

Thanks !!!

Re: XPath to locate DropDown list

I am curious to know why you would automate gmail?

Re: XPath to locate DropDown list

tarunohri
Hahaha...nothing fishy in my mind...Just for a practice i am take different scenarios..I am new to this selenium..so learning by experimenting :)

Re: XPath to locate DropDown list

gmail is a complex UI to learn selenium with. I would rather suggest to begin with a simple application first

Re: XPath to locate DropDown list

manoj498
Hi,

Is any tool is there to identify elements from emulators?

Please help on this.

Thanks & Regards
Manoj

Re: XPath to locate DropDown list

Hi Manoj,

please post your question in a new thread instead of hijacking an existing thread.
please help us keep the forum clean.
~ seleniumtests.com