Why default object creation doesnot work for IE Browser?

Why default object creation doesnot work for IE Browser?

jayaram
why we can deal with default instance creation for IE like forefox.
That is

DefaultSelenium se=new DefaultSelenium("localhost",4444,*iexplore","http");
se.start();
se.open("www.google.com");

Will not work for ie but work for FF.

Thanx

Re: Why default object creation doesnot work for IE Browser?

Can you provide same URL in both place (selenium instance creation and browser launcher)

DefaultSelenium se=new DefaultSelenium("localhost",4444,*iexplore","http://www.google.com");
se.start();
se.open("http://www.google.com");

Can you also post the error you encounter?

Re: Why default object creation doesnot work for IE Browser?

jayaram
Sorry, currently i didnot remember the error but the above technique also i have tried earlier it wont work.

It will work until unless u provide forwardslash when u open the IE browser that is.

DefaultSelenium se=new DefaultSelenium("localhost",4444,*iexplore","http://www.google.com");
se.start();
se.open("/");

Rest are failed i dont know why this fail for IE particularly !!

How ever thanx for your suggestion. i will get back to u with exact error !!!

Re: Why default object creation doesnot work for IE Browser?

I was under assumption that selenium appends back slash if you don't add it. any way
~ seleniumtests.com