Upgrade my testing skills to move into test management

Upgrade my testing skills to move into test management

Vishal_Mahajan
 I was into Java development for 5 years in my career.Then i started manual testing and now a test lead.I want to upgrade my skills.

Can you provide your valuable guidance to how should I proceed.I want to move forward in testing field but the problem is that i have no base or knowledge in this field.Hope you could understand my confusion and reply.

Re: Upgrade my testing skills to move into test management

Vishal_Mahajan
please answer my questions

Re: Upgrade my testing skills to move into test management

I am not sure what you mean by "upgrade" here.
It surprises me that you are test lead in manual testing but you also say that you have "no base or knowledge in this  field".
It makes it difficult to answer this question.
Anyway, since you come from java background, I suppose it may be easy for you to pick up more technical skills like automated, performance or security testing. Have you looked in to these areas so far?

Re: Upgrade my testing skills to move into test management

Vishal_Mahajan

I started my career from development
So said base not clear.
I have knowledge but little confused on further course of action.
Thanks for your reply .

On 18 Jan 2015 22:11, "softwaretestingforum [via Manual and Automated Testing]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am not sure what you mean by "upgrade" here.
It surprises me that you are test lead in manual testing but you also say that you have "no base or knowledge in this  field".
It makes it difficult to answer this question.
Anyway, since you come from java background, I suppose it may be easy for you to pick up more technical skills like automated, performance or security testing. Have you looked in to these areas so far?

To unsubscribe from Upgrade my testing skills to move into test management, click here.
NAML