Timed Out Exception

sai

Timed Out Exception

sai
Hi, I have created few wrapper methods using Webdrive wait class, following code for element and waitfortitle of page. public boolean isDisplayed() { return wait.until(new ExpectedCondition() { public Boolean apply(WebDriver driver) { if (browser.findElements(locatorHandler.autoLocator(locator)).size() > 0) { return driver.findElement(locatorHandler.autoLocator(locator)).isDisplayed(); } else return false; } }); public boolean waitForTitle(final String str) { return wait.until(new ExpectedCondition() { public Boolean apply(WebDriver driver) { driver.getTitle(); if(driver.getTitle().equals(str)) { return true; } return false; } }); } This methods works fine in my test code. if waitfortitle method fails when the page has incorrect title or page is slow than expected, the test code throws an Timed Out exception org.openqa.selenium.TimeoutException: Timed out after 30 seconds Build info: version: '2.16.1', revision: '15405', time: '2012-01-05 12:23:11' System info: os.name: 'Windows XP', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '5.1', java.version: '1.6.0_21' Driver info: driver.version: unknown at org.openqa.selenium.support.ui.FluentWait.timeoutException(FluentWait.java: 252) at org.openqa.selenium.support.ui.FluentWait.until(FluentWait.java: 221) at common.WebControl.waitForTitle(WebControl.java:137) at pages.YahooPage.waitForTitle(YahooPage.java:35) at copa11.TestYahoo.testSignUp(TestYahoo.java:34) ... Removed 22 stack frames This exception doesn't give me the exact root cause of the failure whether the page is loaded and had incorrect title or page is not loaded in expected time. Could some one help me to customize the method or override the Timeout Exception with proper error Some thing would help i) If the page is loaded with incorrect title... then the expected title is ******** and actual is ********* \ With the timed out exception, isDisplayed gets failed. Regards, Sai

Re: Timed Out Exception

Can you format you code and post it?
You can edit the same post to format your code. It would be easy to understand a formatted code like this -

public void testmethod() {
  do something;
  do somethingmore ;
}