Test suite does not stop even if I terminate the command prompt : running from maven

Test suite does not stop even if I terminate the command prompt : running from maven

anand.dandekar
I am running a maven project.
My test suite continues to run even if I aborted the execution forcefully. I pressed ctrl+C and it asked me if I want to terminate the process. I said Yes. Still the test suite is running.
Any idea how to stop the test suite ?

Re: Test suite does not stop even if I terminate the command prompt : running from maven

strange.
how long does it keep going? Are all the test executed irrespective of forcefully shutting maven?
do you always encounter it or only intermittently?

Re: Test suite does not stop even if I terminate the command prompt : running from maven

anand.dandekar
It carries out complete test suite and I have always encountered this.

Regards,
Anand

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 8:52 PM, softwaretestingforum [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
strange.
how long does it keep going? Are all the test executed irrespective of forcefully shutting maven?
do you always encounter it or only intermittently?

To unsubscribe from Test suite does not stop even if I terminate the command prompt : running from maven, click here.
NAML

Re: Test suite does not stop even if I terminate the command prompt : running from maven

This is very weird and I have never come across such behaviour.
I would suggest you to file a defect against maven with all possible details which would help in debugging this defect - http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG

Re: Test suite does not stop even if I terminate the command prompt : running from maven

Dele Odusanya
I am currently running a maven project and the same thing happens to me. My tests continue to run after terminating the test process.

Re: Test suite does not stop even if I terminate the command prompt : running from maven

Dele Odusanya
I found a solution to this. Ending all java process currently running will stop the running tests.

Re: Test suite does not stop even if I terminate the command prompt : running from maven

thanks for sharing the solution
~ seleniumtests.com