Selenium testing on a test environment

vasu.jay
I am new to selenium. I would like to run selenium test on a test environment(virtual machine) where the application(war) is freshly deployed. How to carry out the test. I see examples only with IDEs such as eclipse.

Any suggestions and guideness are most welcome!!!

Thanking everybody in advance!!!

Re: Selenium testing on a test environment

if you are on maven then you can checkout test code on any machine and invoke maven commands to execute tests. You don't need any IDE to just run tests.

Re: Selenium testing on a test environment

vasu.jay
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am using maven. Should I have selenium server installed on the test environment.

Re: Selenium testing on a test environment

if you are talkin of Selenium RC than than NO.
if Webdriver then it i not required as long as you are not using Selenium GRID
~ seleniumtests.com