Selenium for Functional UI testing on Java Applets

Selenium for Functional UI testing on Java Applets

Viji
Hi,

I have been exploring the Selenium-webdriver documents to see if it will help in testing an application running Java Applets. I remember reading that Selenium is only effective on Applets when the programmer has deliberately exposed functions to be leveraged for testing the application. Suppose, some of the functions have not been exposed for use, is there no other way to test Applets using Selenium then? If no, what other automation tool can I use to test an applet-based application. I am more interested in Open-Source tools.

Re: Selenium for Functional UI testing on Java Applets

Hi Viji,

You could try FEST - http://fest.easytesting.org/ for applet testing.
I have not used it myself but should be able to integrate with Selenium. Let me know if you face any issue and I would try to help
~ seleniumtests.com