Selenium Testing Environment

Pushpraj Singh
How to know which JDK I am using and how to install testng plugin according to that JDK in  my eclipse?
OS : win7

Re: Selenium Testing Environment

execute -> java -version
from command line and it would let you know the java you are running.

About testng eclipse plug-in, it depends on the eclipse version you are using. This guide should help -

http://testng.org/doc/download.html

Re: Selenium Testing Environment

Pushpraj Singh
JAVA=java version 1.6
Eclipse IDE=Eclipse 3.3
Testng plugin for eclipse=testng-5.9-jdk15.jar,
After putting(installing) all above together I cant see Run as>>Testng in Run as menu in eclipse.
Step to create this enviroment:
1.Install JDK 1.6
2.Download eclipse-java-helios-SR2-win32, create(or choose default) your workspace
3.Right click java project>>properties>>Build path>>Libraries>>Choose external jars and choose             testng-5.9-jdk15.jar, click ok twice and its done.
But still I dont see tesng in run as menu.

Re: Selenium Testing Environment

Testng plugin for eclipse=testng-5.9-jdk15.jar,

This is not right. This is jar file. Did you follow steps mentioned here - http://testng.org/doc/download.html

For the Eclipse plug-in, we suggest using the update site:

    Select Help / Software updates / Find and Install.
    Search for new features to install.
    New remote site.
    For Eclipse 3.4 and above, enter http://beust.com/eclipse.
    For Eclipse 3.3 and below, enter http://beust.com/eclipse1.
    Make sure the check box next to URL is checked and click Next.
    Eclipse will then guide you through the process.

Re: Selenium Testing Environment

Pushpraj Singh
It worked now I can see Testng in Runas menu.
If I run code using Testng it goes fine and donot give any error but stuck at "preparing firefox profile..." but when I run the code with Junit it shows error "No test found in script.DataProviderExample" and doesn't run.
I am learning from "imdb" example given with videos at
URL:http://functionaltestautomation.blogspot.in/2009/10/dataprovider-data-driven-testing-with.html
Please help.

Re: Selenium Testing Environment

A lil confused with this.
Do you want to use testng or junit?
If you are using testng annotations then you should use testng to execute test.
About - "preparing firefox profile..."
Shut down all instances of firefox before executing test.

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Pushpraj Singh [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
It worked now I can see Testng in Runas menu.
If I run code using Testng it goes fine and donot give any error but stuck at "preparing firefox profile..." but when I run the code with Junit it shows error "No test found in script.DataProviderExample" and doesn't run.
I am learning from "imdb" example given with videos at
URL:http://functionaltestautomation.blogspot.in/2009/10/dataprovider-data-driven-testing-with.html
Please help.

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.n6.nabble.com/Selenium-Testing-Environment-tp4356426p4358638.html
To start a new topic under Manual and Automated Testing, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Manual and Automated Testing, click here.
NAML

--
Thanks
Tarun K

Re: Selenium Testing Environment

Pushpraj Singh
It is still stuck, I closed firefox, restarted eclipse but no improvement.
Actually new to all such stuff, so I dont understand the difference , dont what the meaning of annotations. Exploring everything and bit on my own.

Re: Selenium Testing Environment

Can you begin with a simple test first?
A simple test which just opens the Google in FF and closes it.
Once you are through then could try more complex Data Driven test.

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.n6.nabble.com/Selenium-Testing-Environment-tp4356426p4358687.html
To start a new topic under Manual and Automated Testing, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Manual and Automated Testing, click here.
NAML

--
Thanks
Tarun K

Re: Selenium Testing Environment

Illusion0Reality
Annotations are interpreted by selenium with the help of Junit to run tests. They are a sort of commands to selenium how to understand the code and run it.

So, if we write   @Ignore (like we say to other ignore this), selenium ignores the subsequent statements. Means, the subsequent code won't run at all.

There are many, so google them.

Re: Selenium Testing Environment

tulsi.tester
Hi Pushparaj,

Please find the document for the environmental setup for selenium RC with TestNG.

ForSelGroups.docx