Selenium Grid

Vikas Shukla
Hi Tarun,

I am using Selenium Grid using Jenkins. Here i have a issue that we are not able to run the scripts for Iphone or android. Also, we have implemented a capture screenshot method that is taking screen shot wherever the script is failing but in grid it is not working. Can u please help me on this??

Re: Selenium Grid

Hello Vikas,

Welcome to group.
Lets talk about android first. How have you configured test for android execution in grid. And does it work with out grid?

Re: Selenium Grid

Vikas Shukla
Without grid we are setting the profile in our base test and it is running but if we use the same base test for grid execution the browser is not getting popued.

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 2:54 PM, tarunkumar [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Vikas,

Welcome to group.
Lets talk about android first. How have you configured test for android execution in grid. And does it work with out grid?
Selenium Testing
Help us spreading this forum. Do click on +1 and Facebook share, if this forum helps you.

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.n6.nabble.com/Selenium-Grid-tp4627410p4627531.html
To unsubscribe from Selenium Grid, click here.
NAML

Re: Selenium Grid

What kind of profile are you setting up?
What do you mean by  "browser is not getting popued", Do you mean that you don't see the browser with expected profile or browser is not launched at all?

Also are you using grid 1 or grid 2?

Re: Selenium Grid

Vikas Shukla

HI ,

I am using this piece of code for setting the profile

if (browser.equalsIgnoreCase(Constants.FIREFOX_BROWSER) &
// version.equalsIgnoreCase("iphone"))
// {
// FirefoxProfile profile = new FirefoxProfile();
// profile.setPreference("general.useragent.override",
// Constants.iphone_UA);
// webDriver = new FirefoxDriver(profile);
// }
// else if (browser.equalsIgnoreCase(Constants.FIREFOX_BROWSER) &
// version.equalsIgnoreCase("android"))
// {
// FirefoxProfile profile = new FirefoxProfile();
// profile.setPreference("general.useragent.override",
// Constants.android_UA);
// webDriver = new FirefoxDriver(profile);

Where Constants class contains the User Agent string for Iphone and android

Re: Selenium Grid

Well, you did not answer -

Don't you see the browser with expected profile or browser is not launched at all?
Also are you using grid 1 or grid 2?

Re: Selenium Grid

Vikas Shukla
the browser is not launched at all............

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 5:50 PM, tarunkumar [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well, you did not answer -

Don't you see the browser with expected profile or browser is not launched at all?
Also are you using grid 1 or grid 2?
Selenium Testing
Help us spreading this forum. Do click on +1 and Facebook share, if this forum helps you.

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.n6.nabble.com/Selenium-Grid-tp4627410p4633071.html
To unsubscribe from Selenium Grid, click here.
NAML

Re: Selenium Grid

Can you manually launch browser with such agent configuration on grid machine?
When browser is not launched then eventually, what exception do you encounter?

Re: Selenium Grid

Vikas Shukla
I have not tried doing it manually but when i ran the script for iphone and android sequentially without the grid the browser is poping and script are running fine.

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM, tarunkumar [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can you manually launch browser with such agent configuration on grid machine?
When browser is not launched then eventually, what exception do you encounter?
Selenium Testing
Help us spreading this forum. Do click on +1 and Facebook share, if this forum helps you.

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.n6.nabble.com/Selenium-Grid-tp4627410p4633711.html
To unsubscribe from Selenium Grid, click here.
NAML

Re: Selenium Grid

Well, you need to access remote machine and try such FF profile manually.

Re: Selenium Grid

Vikas Shukla
Just a query while using webdriver do we need to manually configure the profile for iphone etc as we used to do in selenium RC because for me while using RC i did configured the profile and manually also it was working fine for me

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM, tarunkumar [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well, you need to access remote machine and try such FF profile manually.
Selenium Testing
Help us spreading this forum. Do click on +1 and Facebook share, if this forum helps you.

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.n6.nabble.com/Selenium-Grid-tp4627410p4633776.html
To unsubscribe from Selenium Grid, click here.
NAML

Re: Selenium Grid

You should be able to set the profile using WebDriver, the way you do this in Selenium RC.

Re: Selenium Grid

Vikas Shukla
I am able to do it using webdriver but when i am running the script through Grid i am not able to execute it.same piece of code that is working fine while running through webdriver is not working while running through Grid

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:28 PM, tarunkumar [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
You should be able to set the profile using WebDriver, the way you do this in Selenium RC.
Selenium Testing
Help us spreading this forum. Do click on +1 and Facebook share, if this forum helps you.

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.n6.nabble.com/Selenium-Grid-tp4627410p4634026.html
To unsubscribe from Selenium Grid, click here.
NAML

Re: Selenium Grid

Since you are executing test on grid, I would suggest setting up the remote driver as described here -

http://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/Grid2

Re: Selenium Grid

Vikas Shukla
Hi Tarun,

We are setting the Remote driver in our base test
String serverURL = "http://" + server + ":".concat(port).concat("/wd/hub");
webDriver = new RemoteWebDriver(new URL(serverURL), capability);

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM, tarunkumar [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Since you are executing test on grid, I would suggest setting up the remote driver as described here -

http://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/Grid2

Selenium Testing
Help us spreading this forum. Do click on +1 and Facebook share, if this forum helps you.

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.n6.nabble.com/Selenium-Grid-tp4627410p4635940.html
To unsubscribe from Selenium Grid, click here.
NAML

Re: Selenium Grid

Vikas Shukla
Tarun ,

Just a querry how many instances of firefox and IE can we run in parallel. Because right   now we are able to run 5 FF in parallel and IE it is doing only for 1

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:00 PM, vikas shukla <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Tarun,

We are setting the Remote driver in our base test
String serverURL = "http://" + server + ":".concat(port).concat("/wd/hub");
webDriver = new RemoteWebDriver(new URL(serverURL), capability);

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM, tarunkumar [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Since you are executing test on grid, I would suggest setting up the remote driver as described here -

http://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/Grid2

Selenium Testing
Help us spreading this forum. Do click on +1 and Facebook share, if this forum helps you.

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.n6.nabble.com/Selenium-Grid-tp4627410p4635940.html
To unsubscribe from Selenium Grid, click here.
NAML

Re: Selenium Grid

With java API, you can use only one IE instance.

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Vikas Shukla [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.n6.nabble.com/Selenium-Grid-tp4627410p4636593.html
To start a new topic under Manual and Automated Testing, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Manual and Automated Testing, click here.
NAML

--
Thanks
Tarun K

Re: Selenium Grid

Vikas Shukla
SO what should be done to run more than 5 instances of FF and more than 1 instances of IE??

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 8:16 PM, tarunkumar [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

No Automated Testing

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.n6.nabble.com/Selenium-Grid-tp4627410p4636933.html
To unsubscribe from Selenium Grid, click here.
NAML

Re: Selenium Grid

It is a different question. Please file a different question thread for it.

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.n6.nabble.com/Selenium-Grid-tp4627410p4637132.html