Selenium Data driven

Adrien007
I need to know a way by which we can use MS excel to do driven testing using Eclipse+Testng, without using RC and Xpath. Ex.Actually there are 14 diff URLs and approx 20 users I need to open all and check that these users are working fine with given credentials or not.

Re: Selenium Data driven

Pushpraj Singh wrote
without using RC and Xpath.
If you want to interact with UI for login then you would have to use UI tool also, like Selenium or HTMLUnitDriver,
Why are you hesitant to use them?

Re: Selenium Data driven

Adrien007
Would Unit driver work as excel sheet?
I wanted to call database(MS Excel) and code will pick data from there.One URL at a time run credentials and then next URL.This is how I want.

Re: Selenium Data driven

Yes it should, but why don't you just use -

Selenium + TestNG + Eclipse combination?

Re: Selenium Data driven

Adrien007
Thats what I was saying, for now I have this only. What I learned from our last (long) discussion that I record one scenario paste as it is in eclipse and run in different browsers via test ng. Now I want to add a code to it which will call my MS Excel sheet (E:\MyWorkSpace\DataDrivenTestProject\bin\Resources\Data\data1.xlsx) which contains these 20  Urls and credentials for them. This will open all 20 URLs check that credentials are working fine or not and test case ended.

Re: Selenium Data driven

I can see two options for you -

1. You could read data from plain text file where in each line will contain one instance of application.

2. You could also use Apache POI to read data from excel file having all those application URLs

In both cases you can  use testng data provider to supply data to your test method.

Re: Selenium Data driven

Adrien007
I want to automate test case : Make a wall and delete it. After recording this test case when I try to play it , it gives error that it can't find delete button. whats the problem here is the code:

Re: Selenium Data driven

Please post your question in different thread (and in right forum listed under - http://www.seleniumtests.com/p/testing-forum.html). This helps in segregating different questions. One question/scenario per thread.

Re: Selenium Data driven

Adrien007
I forgot how to create a separate topic/thread.
Could you please guide?

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM, tarunkumar [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please post your question in different thread (and in right forum listed under - http://www.seleniumtests.com/p/testing-forum.html). This helps in segregating different questions. One question/scenario per thread.
Selenium Testing Help us spread this forum. Please click Google +1, FB like and Twitter share, if this forum helps you.

No Automated Testing

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.n6.nabble.com/Selenium-Data-driven-tp4639982p4951419.html
To unsubscribe from Selenium Data driven, click here.
NAML

Re: Selenium Data driven

Go to main page - http://www.seleniumtests.com/p/testing-forum.html
and select forum which best fits your needs and post your question.

Re: Selenium Data driven

Adrien007
Done :)

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.n6.nabble.com/Selenium-Data-driven-tp4639982p4957081.html