Retriving XPATH

Muaaz
Hi Tarun ,

          i am member from SQAForums.com , i have urgent solution to be done , that is . .. in our system developers are using some dynamic id or name for web components , so it is difficult to capture the web element through ID or Name , also generating xpath generating based on it behind ID or Name , is there a way to get exact webtable location like /html/body/div/..elc , currently i am using firebug , firepath and xpather to retrieve the xpaths ....

Please help me regarding this ...

Re: Retriving XPATH

Hello Muazz,

Welcome to group.
If at least a part of of ID is constant then you can try contains or *= in xpath and css respectively.
I could better answer your question on WebTable locator if you post a cut down version of your html for me.

Re: Retriving XPATH

Muaaz
Hi ,

 Thanks 4 welcoming , :-) .... our developers uses a extension - javascript file , so entire thing get changed , also how do i get web table structure , is it from source code from browser .... if i can generate recognize from its source code that would be beneficial for me ,

can u elaborate with simple example , then i can try it out ,

Thank you ,

Re: Retriving XPATH

You can right click on the element in firebug and click "copy html" from context menu
See the screen shot. (Context menu is not available tough)

Re: Retriving XPATH

You question has been moved to this location - http://www.seleniumtests.com/p/testing-forum.html#nabble-f3676149
~ seleniumtests.com