Need Document for Configuring Iphone simulator with RC

Need Document for Configuring Iphone simulator with RC

tulsi.tester
Hi,

I need to do some Iphone simulator testing for my application. But I am unable to do the necessary configurations with RC. I have gone through http://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/IPhoneDriver. But i couldn't get it. Can you guys help me out.

Re: Need Document for Configuring Iphone simulator with RC

What's the problem you faced?
I hope you understand that you need mac machine to be able to use iPhone driver.

Re: Need Document for Configuring Iphone simulator with RC

tulsi.tester
Hi Tarun,

I have MAC machine remotely and also consist of Xcode.

In the second step of "In the simulator" section, when i clicked on 'here' link it goes to the page http://code.google.com/p/selenium/source/checkout.

My question is what i need to do here.

Re: Need Document for Configuring Iphone simulator with RC

Well, it says - you need to checkout code from there.
You know how to checkout code using svn, don't you?

Re: Need Document for Configuring Iphone simulator with RC

tulsi.tester
Hi Tarun,

I am unaware of how to check out code using SVN. Is there any other way if not could you guide me how to check out the code.

Re: Need Document for Configuring Iphone simulator with RC

as it says you can do -

svn checkout http://selenium.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ selenium-read-only

Re: Need Document for Configuring Iphone simulator with RC

tulsi.tester
Hi Tarun,

When I am trying to check out the code following error occurs at Eclipse IDE

RA layer request failed
svn: OPTIONS of 'http://selenium.googlecode.com/svn/trunk': could not connect to server (http://selenium.googlecode.com).

Can you show me resolution

Re: Need Document for Configuring Iphone simulator with RC

Are you behind n/w proxy, I just tried -

svn checkout http://selenium.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ selenium-read-only

and did not see any error.

Re: Need Document for Configuring Iphone simulator with RC

tulsi.tester
Hi Tarun,

Yes it is a network issue. It has been resolved now. Now I am trying to configure with Xcode. I will post you if i get any issues.

Thanks

Re: Need Document for Configuring Iphone simulator with RC

tulsi.tester
Hi Tarun,

Now I have mac machine along with xcode. could you let me how to open Iphone simulator with the script.

Re: Need Document for Configuring Iphone simulator with RC

I have not worked with iPhone simulator, but why do you want to launch it from script?
You could have it opened before running your test.

Re: Need Document for Configuring Iphone simulator with RC

tulsi.tester
As we are not launching browser before running script I would like to open the simulator through script. And one more thing how to work with objects on simulator. say like xpath to find objects