How to stote XPATH in Database and access them through Selnium webdriver

How to stote XPATH in Database and access them through Selnium webdriver

gyanendra_rana
Hi Tarun,

I am new to Selenium and Java.I have gone through page object model and can write xpath for different elements but now I want to extend my knowledge by creating a framework where we can optimize code.I want to store my XPATH [for all Elements in page] in oracle DB and retrieve them when needed.Could you please help me in this regard?

Note - I am using Selenium Webdriver + Testng + Ant +Nebeans as my IDE.

Regards,
Gyanendra

Re: How to stote XPATH in Database and access them through Selnium webdriver

This should help, to store and retrieve data from data base.

Re: How to stote XPATH in Database and access them through Selnium webdriver

gyanendra_rana

First of all thanks for Quick Reply.

Sorry but you didn't get my point.I was asking do we need to store xpath in oracle db or any other db to retrieve objects.

For example

We have some elements in a page which we have to click or use every time we test our Application,So I don't want to write the Xpath again for that particular object. My question is how to handle this kind of situation.If you can give me some example it will be really great.Please Let me know if u are not clear with my point.

Regards,
Gyanendra

Re: How to stote XPATH in Database and access them through Selnium webdriver

Why not use PageObject
Does this help?
~ seleniumtests.com