How to import a python code in Selenium IDE, without error message?

How to import a python code in Selenium IDE, without error message?

Kitty
Hello,

I am a begginer with Selenium IDE. My problem is that if I want to import a code written in Python in Selenium IDE, I receive this error message: error loading test case: no command found
I do not know what to do next.
I have instaled on my pc: Python, Eclipse. What else should I install?
I also tried to make Python Client Driver Configuration,  I thought that this may be the problem, but after I unzip the file from Selenium RC, there is no selenium.py file.
Could you please help me with some answers in this situation?
Many thanks in advance and best regards!

Re: How to import a python code in Selenium IDE, without error message?

I don't think it is possible to import test in language other than selenese (default language of Selenium IDE) in Selenium IDE.
I am not sure of python in Selenium RC, but can you try using python binding in Selenium 2.
You can find python binding here - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/selenium

Re: How to import a python code in Selenium IDE, without error message?

Kitty
The code written in python, it is actually a test case. It is a test case written in python programming language. And if I go to Selenium IDE, click on File - Open or Add Test Case, I receive that error message: error loading test case: no command found.

As soon as Selenium IDE could Export a Test Case in Python, I think that it is also possible to import a test case written in Python in Selenium.

So, could you please help me with some answers or with some steps in this way. I am a little worried about this situation because I will have a job interview!!!!!!

Many thanks,
kitty

Re: How to import a python code in Selenium IDE, without error message?

This is what I was trying to point at. You can export test in other language but would not be able to import tests from other language. At least not with current status of Selenium IDE. So it also means that you can not execute python test in Selenium IDE. That's the current limitation in Selenium IDE.

Re: How to import a python code in Selenium IDE, without error message?

Kitty
OK,  got it. 10x (thanks) for your answer. If this is not possible with Selenium IDE, because it has it's limitation, could it be possible with other type of Selenium, like Selenium RC?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: How to import a python code in Selenium IDE, without error message?

Yes definitely, you can use python binding in Selenium 2.
You can find python binding here - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/selenium
~ seleniumtests.com