How Do you estimate & share Automation Framework Design Efforts?

How Do you estimate & share Automation Framework Design Efforts?

Vishal Aggarwal
Hi All,

All of you , who are working as test automation consultants and interacting directly with clients(like me),how do you give estimates(ballpark as well as detailed) to the client specially for framework design and development and not for test scripting and execution.

Note: I would like to have shared diverse techniques /templates/methods used practically in projects for giving real time framework design estimates to the client.

A typical scenario may  be like ,suggested the Client an Keyword driven framework based on the requirement to have manual testers to write/execute automation scripts and gave upfront 2 week estimate to design and setup this framework by giving this detailed breakup of efforts.

Would appreciate your shared thoughts/experiences to enrich us all.

Thanks,
Vishal Aggarwal
Vishal Aggarwal
Test Architect