Help On creating Test plan for Web page test with 1000 user

Help On creating Test plan for Web page test with 1000 user

Bibek
I am new to JEMETER. I need a help from you on my task. As a requirement i have a webpage, where i can provide the value (USER NAME, PASSWORD) and then click on a key image 'Log In'. I have followed the User manual for web test plan. But I am not sure  how i will pass the parameter and value for key image 'Log In'.

As first step i need to have test plan for 1 successful login. Then i can run for batch. Please give some helpful input for my proceeding.

Re: Help On creating Test plan for Web page test with 1000 user

You could create the parameter under Test Plan - User Defined Variables section and then use the name of parameters in your http requests as -

${parameter_name}

does this help?

Re: Help On creating Test plan for Web page test with 1000 user

Bibek
I have passed the parameter username and password, but don't know how to provide the value for  'Log in' button having a 'Key' image. Will be it like-

Name                    Value                  Description
Log in                   onclick                       -

Is this correct?

Re: Help On creating Test plan for Web page test with 1000 user

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do with login button.
what I explained was for parameters used as test data. Why do you want to parameterize login button?

Re: Help On creating Test plan for Web page test with 1000 user

Praveen
I am not sure , Why do you want to parameterize login button?

I thought that only user Values (Data) can be Parameterised ?

I believe we can't Parameterise UI things.

Re: Help On creating Test plan for Web page test with 1000 user

But Praveen, Why do you want to parameterize UI things? They would be same almost always (till you are not doing things like A/B test)
~ seleniumtests.com