(Firefox) Looping SLL pages when deploying Webdriver tests via Eclipse and TestNG

(Firefox) Looping SLL pages when deploying Webdriver tests via Eclipse and TestNG

Brandon
Hi all,

I'm having a bit of trouble deploying my webdriver tests to Firefox. When I deploy to FF, I get a looping SSL certificate warning. When I choose to accept it, it just brings up another SSL warning page.

I'm using TestNG and Eclipse to deploy my tests. I've included the code in a gist below.

Here's my procedure-

I'm starting my server with the following arguments:
java -jar selenium-server-standalone-2.21.0.jar -trustAllSLLCertificates -role hub

Node:
java -jar selenium-server-standalone-2.21.0.jar -role node -port 5556 -hub http://localhost/grid/register

Here's the test. There's a couple of unused imports in there (chrome, ie, etc), but that shouldn't cause these issues:
https://gist.github.com/2830673

The console output is irrelevant as it just explains that the test failed due to a timeout.

Re: (Firefox) Looping SLL pages when deploying Webdriver tests via Eclipse and TestNG

If you are not opposed to using WebDriver for tests then can you create Firefox driver instance as -

FirefoxProfile firefoxProfile = new ProfilesIni()
                                        .getProfile("default");
firefoxProfile.setAcceptUntrustedCertificates(true);
driver = new FirefoxDriver(firefoxProfile);

And use this driver instance for the tests?
Notice that above code uses your default Firefox profile.

Re: (Firefox) Looping SLL pages when deploying Webdriver tests via Eclipse and TestNG

Brandon
Hmm.. I used Maven to setup my project. I'm wondering if it's my ref'd libraries or my dependencies...

FAILED CONFIGURATION: @BeforeMethod startSelenium
org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "false);user_pref("network.protocol-handler.warn-external.dnupdate", false"
Build info: version: '2.21.0', revision: '16552', time: '2012-04-11 19:09:00'
System info: os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.7.0_03'
Driver info: driver.version: unknown
at.......

Re: (Firefox) Looping SLL pages when deploying Webdriver tests via Eclipse and TestNG

I guess you get these errors after using FF profile, what I suggested.

Do you use dependency of selenium-server-standalone jar in your pom file.
Also can you try executing it with out maven like standalone TestNG or Junit test, to confirm if you get the same error?
~ seleniumtests.com