Few Queries wrt your training blog

vikramvi
Hi Tarun,

can you please look into below issues

1.   1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urjZOc1NfFI&feature=plcp

    Project download link needs correction

2.  Projects download link can have references against them stating which youtube video they belong to

3. Today have downloaded 3 zip files
   seleniumtests.zip ,  selenium-tutorial.zip and SeleniumSession.zip

   Is last 2 are sub-set and super set of each other ?

4. I've unzipped selenium-tutorial.zip , later trying to add external jar file "selenium-server-standalone-2.33.0.jar" but always getting error dialog as attached , can you help me out why is this issue happening ?

Thanks,
Vikram

Re: Few Queries wrt your training blog

Thanks for reporting project link issue, I have rectified it in video description.
I would also keep links in this page against video -
http://www.seleniumtests.com/p/free-selenium-training.html
Thanks for another great suggestion.

If you are on 7th training video then I would suggest you to download project for only this video as others are indeed subset of it. But remember to comment/un-comment grid section of starting driver if you want to use/not-use selenium grid in test.

About the issue you encountered with project, could you delete the "target" folder and try?
If it does not work then could you delete both projects from eclipse as well as local directory and import again?
Let me know if it solves the issue.

Re: Few Queries wrt your training blog

vikramvi
Hey Tarun,

Thanks for corrections.

wrt project setup still I'm facing issues

1. Deleted project from local eclipse workspace
2. Deleted "target" sub-folder from "seleniumtests" directory ( this is unzipped file from selenium-tutorial.zip )
3. After this again imported the project in the local repository.
4. Tried adding external jar file and got the same error.
5. Post importing project , I see that "target" folder gets created automatically.

Can you please download zip file and do the same steps on your PC , as it'll be easier to find root cause

thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vikram

P.S. I did google about this issue but none of the solutions worked for me. I feel if you can please try same steps same as mine, you may re-produce issue your end as well

Re: Few Queries wrt your training blog

Hi Vikram,

I imported project locally and it worked well.
I did -

File > Import > Existing Maven Project > (Select "selenium-tutorial") > Finish

Did you also follow these steps?

I am using Helios release of Eclipse
~ seleniumtests.com