Continuous Integration

Hariharan
Hallo Everybody,

First of all a big thanks to Tarunkumar for such an useful and helpful forum. I am Hariharan, I have completed my B.E. this year. I am doing an Internship in a company in Mumbai. I have very basic programming knowledge in Java.

The concept of the Internship is Continuous Integration. I have to use a Continuous Integration server( like Jenkins, Cruisecontrol) such that the version control repository(SVN, GIT), build tool(ANT,MAVEN) and automated testing tool(selenium) are configured to it and automate the process. I have no previous expereince work with these tools, but trying it learn it .

As I am a very beginner, I am learning stuffs. I am trying to install and Configure these tools.

Please suggest me any tips or tutorial that can support me for automating build and test. Where to start and how to start. I found blogs but they all mainly focus on Linux, but I want windows based tutorial.

Thanks in Advance.

Greetings,
Hariharan

Re: Continuous Integration

Hi Hariharan,

Welcome to forum. I can post blogs/links for windows based installation of tutorials you mentioned.
But being an intern you deserve to guided by your seniors, did you try to approach any senior and seek guidance?

Re: Continuous Integration

Hariharan
Hi Tarun,

Firstly thanks for your reply. Yeah I am seeking guidance from my Supervisor. But my task is to implement Continuous Integration in the team. It wouldn't sound good if I approach my supervisor for installations and configurations. He is explained me how it works if a continuous integration server is used.

On 21 June 2013 13:17, tarunkumar [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Hariharan,

Welcome to forum. I can post blogs/links for windows based installation of tutorials you mentioned.
But being an intern you deserve to guided by your seniors, did you try to approach any senior and seek guidance?

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.x6.nabble.com/Continuous-Integration-tp5001765p5001766.html
To unsubscribe from Continuous Integration, click here.
NAML

Re: Continuous Integration

No Hari, there is nothing wrong in asking your supervisor.
But my first suggestion to you would be to do research and analysis on your own.
I am sure Google search will get you lots of possible solutions.
May I ask you what have you tried so far?
If nothing works then in about a month I would uploading a new tutorial on jenkins on my youtube channel and it might help you.

Re: Continuous Integration

Hariharan
Thanks once again Tarun. I am in basic step. Installed jenkings, git and maven and configured one to one. Now I am looking for configuring a unit test tool with maven.

On 26 June 2013 21:01, tarunkumar [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
No Hari, there is nothing wrong in asking your supervisor.
But my first suggestion to you would be to do research and analysis on your own.
I am sure Google search will get you lots of possible solutions.
May I ask you what have you tried so far?
If nothing works then in about a month I would uploading a new tutorial on jenkins on my youtube channel and it might help you.

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.x6.nabble.com/Continuous-Integration-tp5001765p5001775.html
To unsubscribe from Continuous Integration, click here.
NAML

Re: Continuous Integration

that should be matter of installing a plugin like JUnit/TestNG (if you are on java)

Any way, my next video tutorial would be on jenkins and you may like to watch it

Re: Continuous Integration

Hariharan
thats really a good News...please do tell us how to integrate selenium testing with Jenkins...

On 2 July 2013 05:13, tarunkumar [via Manual and Automated Testing] <[hidden email]> wrote:
that should be matter of installing a plugin like JUnit/TestNG (if you are on java)

Any way, my next video tutorial would be on jenkins and you may like to watch it

http://manual-and-automated-testing.1070.x6.nabble.com/Continuous-Integration-tp5001765p5001784.html
To unsubscribe from Continuous Integration, click here.
NAML