Ant use with webdriver.

Illusion0Reality
Please let me know,if we should use Ant specifically even if we use webdriver.

What is the purpose here for Ant + Selenium + Testng.

I generally use TestNG and Webdriver.
I think, webdriver can do the things what Ant does.

If I can understand what is Ant for, I can learn new things.

This belongs to both RC and WD as well, so posted here

Regards

Re: Ant use with webdriver.

Ant is neither related to WD nor RC. It is java build tool which automates the process of building application. That is compiling and running the code. Ant is also useful to execute tests from command line which means that one not having eclipse, Intellij etc on their system can checkout the code base and execute it from command line. In case of Selenium, it means executing web tests from command line. And last but not least, ant target can be fed to continuous build integration system like Jenkins to build application (or execute Selenium tests) on pre scheduled times.

Does it answer your questions?

Re: Ant use with webdriver.

illusion0reality
Thanks Tarun, it indeed answered my question up to some extent (maybe I could not understand completely).

I am trying to understand...
So, if I have Eclipse, I don't need to use Ant. Am I right.

Regards